Originally Posted By: tfabris
I'm interested in those shelves in there. I have an enclosure similar to that, pre-installed in my fairly new house. Much of the gear in there is zip-tied to the holes. Didn't realize I could get neat little shelves for everything instead.
Originally Posted By: K447
I don't know that those are actual little shelves.

Might be more like flat brackets with holes through the 'shelf' area.

They're not technically shelves, but they work as such and most of the reviews mentioned that this was how they were using them, so I tried them out and they work fine. You should make sure you have a Leviton enclosure though, because they're specifically designed for the hole layout of their products. It looks like every company has their own proprietary layout for this kind of thing (because of course they do).

Leviton actually uses the same fastening method that my old metal box did. They're these little plastic push pins that expand behind the enclosure to lock things in place. They're super annoying, mostly because they sometimes do their job TOO well and are impossible to remove. I had to break a couple that came with one of the shelves when I wanted to move it. I couldn't get them to pop back out - even with pliers.

Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
Matt, thanks for sharing this. I hope to be building a house next year and this would be great. Have you considered squeezing a generic UPS in there?

The problem is the size, specifically the depth (though the other dimensions are tight too). The enclosure is a tiny bit more than 4" deep, which is pretty shallow for the vast majority of UPS products out there.

I'm currently looking at two products: this expensive purpose-built one, or this inexpensive model that might be trickier to position because of how the outlets are laid out.

Also, if you have the option, I recommend designing a closet to house a real rack. I'd prefer that to this.

Edited by Dignan (03/05/2017 03:55)