Originally Posted By: DWallach
Enjoy! I'm always hesitant about online things because so much of my own learning happened "in person", especially waiting around in labs waiting for computers to free up.

I decided I had to do online, simply because of my job requirements. I had two aborted starts previously for in-person classes. Both times I ended up going on travel a week before the final and not coming back until three weeks after the final, so grades were already due. Twice in a row convinced me that in-person wouldn't work in my situation.

I wasn't overly excited about online when I signed up for my first class. It turned out to work really well, though. Of course, this time might be different, since OSU requires proctored exams. The exams are taken either going to a local testing place, which would probably be unreasonable for me, or have somebody stare at you through your webcam while taking it online, which is excessively creepy. I plan on getting a small laptop (Inspiron 5000 or something) and dedicate it solely to taking those tests.

There are group projects. It just takes adapting to being online instead of face to face.