The two docks I’m working with:
USB-C dock from Frys: Kensington SD4600P
(no DisplayLink chip in it, the video out is DisplayPort over USB-C. Don’t need display outputs on the dock for my eGPU setup, and was okay with the lower 60W charging for my home 13 inch laptop)

Thunderbolt 3 dock: Elgato TB3 Dock
(Focused on getting a solid Mac focused one, 87W charging, and dual display out were all work requirements)

Any specific questions/interest Tony? My usage and yours will be a bit different here, so we can see what you might want to test before I potentially return the USB-C one, and buy my own TB3 one.

Mostly only tried the Kensington since Frys had an open box one, and it was convenient with the other parts I needed to pick up. I also read Kensington jumped into the dock market with two feet and has been making some excellent and stable units. The one knock I have against it is the NIC in it requires a manual driver install in Windows 10, macOS worked fine with it out of box. To their credit, the driver does come down via Windows Update, and most folks will be docking a laptop with working WiFi. I had it disabled to save resources to keep the eGPU hotplug ability when I first bought the dock.

The work TB3 dock has an Intel PCIe NIC in it, and both Windows 10 and macOS works with it out of box, as likely would any Linux distro. Intel NICs are generally pretty great, wish I could find an NBaseT equipped dock though.

Edited by Faolan (17/12/2017 20:23)
Edit Reason: Added driver details about the USB-C dock