Originally Posted By: Tim
You can't make the gamer card less expensive, that would change nothing in the market. The goal would be to get them off the full cards so the prices are unchanged for gamers - only way would be to make a cheaper card for the miners. Or perhaps more powerful cards that is worth a premium to them.

I love that the myth of a “free market” continues to be a thing. I hope one day folks can see through crony capitalism and late stage capitalism shiny babbles and start getting back to being good for humans again.

Until most participants in that “free market” get around to triple bottom line practices, I personally won’t ever believe in the mythical powers of these so called “free markets”. From my personal experience of my family past and present, all we’ve seen is harm while the rich have fun launching space junk at the asteroid belt.

Oh well. Off to go waste an entire PC and float it on credit for a chance to buy a card at its intended sales price by AMD for my personal needs. Sadly the card Doug helped me find is already way up there in price, and no gaurentee it’s not already fried from participating in a massive Ponzi scheme.

I’ll bump the other eGPU thread when the setup is finished. It’s coming together nicely for both a computing productive workspace, and a self care one for games for me and my partner, no matter who’s laptop is docked.