Please pardon a bit of thread hijacking, but I thought this might be a good place to post the Unifi network setup I just did for a home in DC. We went with a pretty beefy setup for several reasons, including their plans to rent their basement as an AirBnB.

I've attached a photo of the setup, as well as the Sonos Connect:Amps I installed for the 14 speakers around the house (just three zones for now), and the coax terminations with splitters (not pictured: 3 AC-LR access points). I'll admit, one of my weak areas is cable management, so the coax in particular are pretty bad, and I'm working on getting the other stuff neater so this isn't a totally finished product but it's close.

Only recently have I started doing 100% Unifi installs and it's pretty great. I love lighting up all of those bubbles in the UI smile I was easily able to set up a guest wireless network that used a guest VLAN with a guest user account. I'm able to restrict access and assign up/down bandwidth easily. I can even choose which APs broadcast which SSIDs so that only the AP in the basement bothers broadcasting the network for the AirBnB folks. I'm really loving the Unifi stuff and it's only improved over time. And while most of it is very affordable, that 24 port POE switch is easily the most expensive networking device I've ever procured for a home user! Anyway, it was fun.

(side note: I didn't want to put this stuff where it is)

Attachments
IMG_9548.JPG