Hi everyone! Long time. I just wanted to share what I’m up to, as it’s kinda fun and different.

For about 15 years, I’ve been operating as a one man “break-fix” operation for residential and small business custoners. It’s been a slog and 2/3 of the work has been actually obtaining the work while only 1/3 at most is actually doing it. And obtaining it isn’t easy. And it’s gotten tiring. And I’m sick of driving all over the place all the time. So, it was time for a change!

So what’s the natural progression for someone in my line of work? If you said “general manager of an indoor, monster-themed, blacklight-lit mini golf course/laser tag/arcade venue,” then ding ding you got it! (I’m surprised you guessed)

It’s a very weird new experience and I’ve spent the last 8 months just getting my footing. Geting used to running a 26K sqft store with ~18 employees at any given time. But it’s been a blast, the work is fun and always changing, and the job has been more rewarding than my previous work (which I still do a little of here and there).

So yeah, if you live in (or ever visit) northern Virginia in the US, stop by Monster Mini Golf in Chantilly and I’ll get you onto the course for free!