Hey! Congratulations. How many miles to end of break-in? Are you having fun?

Tips on Dremeling? Well, what I did was cover the entire face of the bezel with that blue "not so sticky" masking tape (I had a bunch of the 2" wide variety on the boat) to try to avoid scratches. I then marked the planned cutting on the masking tape with a ball-point pen. Then I clamped a metal ruler to the bezel using a pair of small "quick-grip" woodworking clamps and used the ruler as a guide/"preventer" for the Dremel as I gradually cut into the bezel (basically rested the shaft of the cutter against the ruler). This took multiple passes and adjustments of the ruler. I used a jeweler's saw to finish a few of the edges and the corners. This all took about 6 hours and left of ton of black plastic debris to vacuum up. Take your time. If anyone has any better ideas, I'd appreciate input for next time.

Also, if you remove the 4 nylon clips from the bezel, it will be a lot easier to remove during test fittings. As I've said, next time I will do this so that I can insert/secure the sled *after* the bezel goes on.

Tweeters/speakers?: I was able to recycle the angled brackets from the OEM tweeters and screw them into the plastic casing of the new RF tweeters; I also used a piece of double-sided foam tape for insurance. I cut an adapter ring out of 1/2" MDF to adapt the RF woofers to the odd 3-screw Subaru mounting. It looked like there could even be room behind the door panel for 3/4"-1" MDF if your speakers need it.

Well, I took the Rex across the pass to a friend's cabin in Cle Elum, WA over the holiday weekend, and the trip (a mix of highway, curly county roads, gravel private roads in both sun and rain) just added to my love affair with this car.

Measure six times, cut once.

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.