Finally I had the chance to install a AR Blue screen, and so here are my impressions regarding readability, for those still interested in that old thread:

This screen is definitely more readable than the one I originally had. Totally different blue, lighter and more transparent. In spite of the fact it is AR and the one I had previously was not.

Someone @ empeg was mentioning a first old batch of very dark blue screens that were actually less readable. I am afraid I got one of those. That is probably the case in spite my empeg is #923 since it actually came with an amber screen, and with a blue replacement included. Maybe somebody put an old dark dark blue in the envelope. Oh, the reason why I got the extra blue screen (the dark one) is that I had actually ordered a Blue Empeg but they were not available at the moment, so empeg ppl sent me an amber one plus a replacemente blue screen.

So, I think the bottom line of the whole story is that the blue IS actually the most readable screen I have tried so far, and that my readability problems were due to that dark blue screen sent by mistake. Now I am happy :)

Well, I would really like a VW blue screen, actually. Anyone volunteers to produce one?

Taym
MK II BLUE/RED 12GB #923
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg