In reply to:

As a small aside: the entire development costs of CD-A and Laserdisk (it's pre-cursor) over some 15 years were funded by the profit of one cent on each filament light bulb sold by Philips Gloelampen Fabriek NV between 1967 and 1982. Sit down with a calculator, preferably one with scientific notation and an exponential digit display format.....

You scare me.

As for the copyright stuff, I sure as hell will tell them to go &(*&^(* themselves if they ever slip one of those CD's in my shopping bag. The problem here is that consumers need a large organisation that stands up for the rights of the consumers for a change. I mean what is the world comming to. I have seen people copyright and patent the most basic things. I know of a restaurant that has a patent on a recipe, we have companies now that claim rights over the color blue (or whatever the real name is) ... Were does it end, when will the mindless and boundless greed end ? Do I think artists deserve the right to protect their work, of course but there are limits as to how far you can go and in the end one has to start wondering what artists want to achieve. Do they want to bring a message or an emotion across to their audience or is it all just another way to seperate consumers from their money?

Oh well.

Mk2 - Blue & Red - 080000431