I am using a Sony ES CD player to do this at the moment, but that is the only reason the Sony is still in the car for now. It would be nice if the EMPEG could do this since it could be implemented before the audio is DACed negating the extra AD/DA conversions... so I thought I would ask the experts.

The only problem is... IASCA will not allow you to use your empeg as the source for the competition audio. I have discussed and argued this with them at quite some length, and have reluctantly agreed with their reasoning. In their competitions, you must use their CD, provided by their judges. They wish to eliminate the possibility of anybody gaining an unfair advantage by remastering the original tracks, the object of the competition being to determine who has the best sound reproduction equipment in his automobile, not who has the best sound editing studio at home.

So unless you are planning to use a CD player into the Aux. Inputs of the empeg, having TD capability will be of no benefit in an IASCA competition. And if you are doing that, well, you already have the TD capability in your existing CD player.

Now, for just plain listening, sure, I'd like TD in the empeg... but it won't help in IASCA competition.

What class do you compete in? What's your system like?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"