Here are my thoughts, and is somewhat pie in the sky but I'll throw them out as well.

I suspect that with speakers, signal response varies by frequency AND amplitude. So you won't be able to get away with an adjustment function that uses frequency alone. You would need to run frequency sweeps at a large number of different volume levels in order to map out a plane adjustment function of volume and frequency. Considering this, if the equalizer software can be adjusted to take values out of this plane table, in theory you would write some software that runs for a few hours doing many many frequency sweeps recording the proper equalization plane. It might also be a good idea to record equalization planes from all the possible seating positions because in a car, the distance to various speakers varies so greatly that you'd need to have multiple planes. So you can chalk up "number of passengers in a vehicle" as a component of equalization.

In my own car, I have a convertible top so sound quality varies by whether the top is up and down and the vehicle speed-- because wind noise begins to mask bass above a certain velocity. So if the empeg is aware of these other parameters and adjust them in real time that would be a godsend. With my alpine I'm constantly pushing and turning and adjusting the sound at highway speeds to make it sound proper, and then when slowed to street speeds it sounds awful and the need to readjust comes up again :(.

So the second pie in the sky thought is, I would be willing to give up voice recognition for a much more expensive microphone that is dedicated to monitoring cabin noise and adjusting for it automatically. (I've seen volume adjustments based on a speed sensor, but that's not quite right... because response doesn't uniformly decrease with higher speed).

I think if I had to put a value on adjustment software like this, I'd say $500 or $1000. So I'd and probably audiophiles and gadget freaks would be willing to pay for add on software to the empeg for doing this very thing. It wouldn't make sense to develop it for people who wouldn't use it or understand why sound might need to be tuned for number of passengers, vehicle speed, presence of a top, volume level, frequency, etc... but there are some that might be willing to pay :>

Calvin