I have been noticing time code / length problems that did not seem to be there in 1.03. mp3trim listed them as having no errors. Is this player / decoder more sensitive to MP3 errors?

I'd say it's very much more sensitive. I did NOT have problems with the length timecode... just the audio. And for that matter, I didn't have any problems on any other mp3 decoder.

I'd understand it if I pulled these from the net or something..... But I ripped them myself, and went over the encoding and tags very carefully before uploading... Obviously not carefully enough, given that mp3tool showed them being damaged.... but if the decoder is reacting to bad tags in the manner I noticed, I'd say it's certainly a bug, regardless if the file itself is slightly out of whack... I agree the file needs to be fixed... Which is exactly what I'm trying to figure out how to do easily, but I have to guess that the majority of the VBR files out there are going to have damaged headers, which play fine on other equipment.