Symbian.. then you definitely know more about Bluetooth. But I was working for 7 years in Mircowave-Teconlogies (up to 60GHz).
And I tell you something about antenna: that's absolutely no problem even you have a sreened body.
I recognised some voices @ Conference, that goes in that direction= oh antenna-big problem and so (I was smileing inside me).

Eg. at the photographer of EMPEG I recognised a transparent plastic window at the front ;-). Place a good calculated peace of metal behind that window sheet, connect it to a inner conductor of coaxial cable (that guides Bluetooth 2.4Gig from Module to antenna) and you have a good transmission (probably you have to take in account thickness of plexy-glass and perhaps tune it).

Probably it is also possible to make a slot antenna: a small slot (ca 1mm with and lamda/2 lenght = 60 mm) and feed in the middle... (I'm actually to lazy to go to my libray to find out exactly sizes).

Keywords for some antennas are: patch antenna, slot antenna, dielectric antenna (high Epsilon = small mechanical sizes).

I WILL OFFER MY KNOWLEDGE IF SOMEONE HAVE AN ANTENNA PROBLEM RELATED TO EMPEG! (Probably not for free, probably I need a prototype (I will pay $1100) :-)

[email protected]