I have been more and more seriously considering an in car MP3 alternative in recent weeks, though I signed up for Empeg interest more than half a year ago. I took it upon myself to do as much research as I could before I would be asked to decide on my purchase of the Empeg. I spent several days researching options, the research continues. However from what I saw, though I researched more than 15 different models, as well as home projects, the Empeg is still the best, most functional, most suited to my needs. It is most suited to the need of simply playing music in your car, and lots of it. It is price competetive considering it's features and that it is not being produced by a very large company. It is a more open machine than most others. And it's apparent ship date is closer than most other comparable systems as well. Remember, it's not just Empeg that has delays. Pretty much every other Mp3 capable system out there has gone through shipping delays. In summary, though my research continues (the last real viable option for me is the Clarion AutoPC, though I need to find out more about it), at this point I would definately recommend the Empeg over any other in car audio solution in terms of convenience, functionality, customizability, price, etc. However if any of you would like some resources to do your own comparison and research, www.mp3.com has a fairly comprehensive listing of in car Mp3 players in their Mp3 hardware section. It's a good starting place. If you want any more info, feel free to e-mail me and I'll help if I can.

- JavaJones