Also, I think that Gilmour is one of the topmost underrated rock guitarists of all time.

I don't think I've ever seen David being "Underrated". He is widely respected among musicians. I think he's been given due credit for a long time. Every guitar player I know always listens in rapt attention when he plays.

What makes him so good is his melodic phrasing. He's not fast or flashy, he's just incredibly tasteful. A musician friend of mine put it best, she said: "He always chooses exactly the right notes. After David plays a phrase, you couldn't imagine any other notes being used in their place."

Another thing that makes him so distinctive is his tone and his sound. I had fun with a friend (the husband of the friend I mentioned above as a matter of fact) when I bought a certain Kate Bush album a few years ago. They didn't own the album yet and didn't know that David was a guest performer on one of the tracks. I put the track into their CD player and told them that they had to guess who the guest performer was. I didn't even tell them that it was a guitarist. David's guitar solo began with a single, long, sustained note. Almost instantly, my friend said "Gilmour". I swear it was only about a beat or two into this first note. He could tell it was David with just one note.

I'm not going to get into the middle of the Waters/Gilmour debate, though because I make it a point not to discuss religion.

I will say this, though: I think both are brilliant musicians and each has different strengths. Pink Floyd, to me, was the pairing of Waters and Gilmour. The albums Gilmour is doing without Roger are, in my opinion, just Gilmour solo albums which happen to have a different name printed on the cover. This doesn't make them BAD in my opinion, they just aren't the same thing as the Waters/Gilmour collaborative works.