Er... I guess... But you'd have to use the knob to do the horizontal scrolling, as the vertical scrolling would be done with the left/right buttons.. I think that'd be very unwieldy, I'd rather just make my playlist names shorter so I don't have to futz around with scrolling long playlist names.

Just look at the automatic scrolling of long entries in the Track Info screen. Everyone begged for that, and then almost immediately people began blasting it, saying it "bounced back and forth" too much, etc. Some people wanted it to keep scrolling and wrapping in the same direction, others wanted the back-and-forth to go slower, etc.

Adding the ability to do either vertical or horizontal playlist selection JUST so people with really long playlist names can see them all, seems like a lot of work for little gain. Remember, playlists are being de-emphasized as the primary means for searching and adding to a playlist or running order.. Soup views are going to make a lot of peoples' playlists unnecessary. And the search screens already do vertical scrolling, though they don't allow you to scroll horizontally to see the full names of long entries. Having two different ways to select playlists doubles the time they need to spend testing them, and if they add any new tweaks to the playlist seletction process, they need to add those tweaks to two different sections of the code. Boo.

I guess I'm opposed to this because I fail to see why you can't just use shorter, possibly abbreviated playlist names. Solutions to common problems don't always require a software fix... I would rather see their Empeg time, which seems to be very little these days, devoted to something other than scrolling a few long playlists to the left and right.