Alright, this may be a long post, but it's been awhile and I'm wired on oolong tea right now...

I've been searching the BBS for something authoritative on TT installations, and while I found one excellent thread it didn't really answer all of my questions and was quite dated. My problem comes in two parts:

First, is it possible to install the Mark II in a stock 2001 TT Roadster without modifying the current sound system (aside from the head unit, of course)? My car is leased, so I'm not terribly interested in ripping everything out and putting it back in in a couple of years. I have the premium Bose sound package, which I like, so I'm not looking to replace speakers and/or the amp unless it's HIGHLY recommended. In addition, I'm wondering if it's at all possible that my dash display can reflect track information from the Mark II... okay, didn't think so ;-) I never use the thing anyway.

Second, does anyone in the Twin Cities (Mpls-St. Paul) area know of a GOOD installer that would be willing to work on my little baby? There's no way in hell she's going to Audio King or some similar large chop shop, and I don't know enough of the specialized installer community to risk it to the Yellow Pages.

I've had the car for a year now, and have read my morning Empeg BBS update religiously for almost two years, but have been finally pushed to get a damn Mark II because of the EOL situation. To be honest, I can live with a six CD changer, but there's no way I'm letting something like the Empeg slip past me. All this time I've assumed that the competition would catch up and prices would drop and sonic|BLUE (whatever) would be shoveling Mark IIs out the door. Wrong on all counts, so here I am trying rationalize the ultimate Christmas present.

Thanks for any help, and thanks again for being part of the best online community I've ever witnessed.