I mentioned this when talking about something else, though I didn't specify it as a wish for an automated process. I've been entering this information with the help of keyboard macros. But I'm stuck at one point because I can't navigate from pane to pane with the keyboard. Plus the fact that when you finish editing a playlist, the focus is placed in limbo.

I hop ethat if some type of scripting is implemented, doing this will be rather trivial.

To have it done automatically can be a little tricky - the logic anyway. When setting the Artist playlist for instance.. Which album playlist or tracks do you take the info from for Genre? For Album playlists it's a bit easier - you can probably assume that all songs will carry the same date, artist, year and genre. Of course you have to be able to apply this operation to a selected range. That way you can avoid doing this for compilations.

Currently I have all my album playlist names prefaced by their year. I'd like to be able to elimitae this to clean up the display, yet still keep the chronological sorting.

Bruno

Oh, so in the end, add my vote for this wish! :) (But I still want scripting abilities)