Well folks i am getting there but meeting a few pitfalls aong the way as there seems to be very little out there that is a gentle introduction to linux either that or it hasn't clicked yet. I have bought the idiots guide to linux which came with caldera 2.3. I have got that installed had a few probs with the moniter but considering i did pull it out of a skip not really surprising but worked okayish with windoze but it was geting wobbly. So i bought a 19inch moniter for the bargin price of £120.

I have got online with it but netscape occasionally sticks it head up its arse i have got no where near network samba type things but i have managed to find the empeg and display server but can't get streaming to work yet. I have got no where with installing any software yet but there is a lug in the area forming which i can hopefully get some help from and amase with a car that runs linux (kind off)unless anyone is heading north to the snowy wastes that knows linux.

One thing i have noticed is i was thinking of buying a new computer as my celeron 400 was damn slow but under linux it seems to fly.