The problem, as I said, with recording at a lossless rate is that my processor doesn't seem to be able to handle it, and I lose 8-25%+ of the frames.

Never mind that, though. Here is where I am now:

I've installed Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Super Duper Spectacular Whatever, and it's pretty good except for the whole PC-[censored]-up thing.

Anyway, I managed to burn a VCD (I downloaded TMPGEnc and it works great!). It looks like other VCDs I've seen (in explorer), but I can't play it. Why? Evidently it's because my VCD playing program (part of the ATI MMC) can't play v2.0 VCDs, or at least that's the reason it gives. I also tried playing the disk on my dad's Sony DVD player. It didn't. I don't know if this has the same version problem (I have to check the manual), but it doesn't make much sense to me.

I really don't know how all these people make VCDs so easily. I've put a good amount of research in. I've figured out the properties the files should have, I've been able to make the proper MPEG files for the format, but it still doesn't work! What's the deal?

What I would really like to do is to play a disk on my dad's DVD player. That's my main objective. If I can't get that to work, I'll just be exporting to VHS, which isn't too bad, but VCD would be cool.