About a month ago I flamed SonicBlue and Digital River for what was (at the time) terrible customer service from the company's on-line store. As a follow up I contacted Jim, Director of Customer Care at SonicBlue. (Thanks for Rob for bringing these issues to his attention).

Jim was very polite and assured me they were working to resolve the problems with the on-line store. From talking with him, I suspect he was previously unware of the problems many of us here have experienced.

Anyway I did finally receive the backup MkIIA, Tuner module, & screen color kit I had ordered. For all my troubles Jim gave me a free RioVolt SP90 and even shipped it FedEx Overnight! That was very generous of him.

After trying on and off at using my empeg as a crude portable around the house and at work, it's amazing how liberating the RioVolt is. I'm really enjoying this thing. The only problem is the headphones that come with it sound terrible!

Anyone have any experience with which headphones for under $100 would sound good with this player? Some suggestions I've narrowed it down to include Grado SP80, Sony MDR-V6, and Sennheiser HD495. I heard the cheaper Sennheiser HD490's at a local store, but I had to crank the Volt all the way to max volume in order to get decent sound out of them. It seems that this player's output is even weaker than the outputs off the back of my empeg.