I have friend who runs a small dial-up ISP here in a small town. We are wondering how we can plug into this wirelessly from home and how to provide this to customers? I know Tony has a wireless coneection coming into his home (for which he is also a repeater) and was wondering if he could shed some light on the topic.

Basically what we would like to do is to plug a box into a port on the hub, give it an IP address and use it as a NAT server (limited supply of IPs). Somehow have this box hooked up to an antenna on the roof and offer to sell a wireless card (or whatever) with antenna to give people so they can have higher speed access (which we would have to cap as we are hooked up to the net by a large 2 way satellite system, gotta love living in the middle of nowhere!) Any ideas on hardware that is available to do this? Costs involved?? Does a particular hardware setup allow for repeater stations? The general layout of our community is about 10kms long and .5 of a km wide. Pretty straight through and along the beach on one side.

Thanks for any light that you can shed on this situation!