Hey guys, nice to reactivate this old thread as it suddenly becomes more relevant!

I finally got my empeg (#7445 in queue, 18gb, amber - looks like good color match for Boxster) Friday and aim to get it installed this week. I ordered the aux cable from Burl Thursday so that's the only delay (UPS ground shipping), apart from finding somewhere in the Bay Area that can install it well. Any suggestions?

The CD tray has already been removed and I have a hole there now waiting for the empeg, which now has all my music on it :-) [10gb, 2200 tracks so far, mostly 192kbit/s]. Have also turned on AUX on the CDR-220 by holding down 'TP' for a while to get to the user menu, from which it is obvious.

I can confirm pins 18,19,20 as gb14772 says, didn't know about 8 and 9. However this should be taken care of with the aux cable. Do we know where the remaining connections to the empeg should go? (lights on, tel mute, ignition sense, earth, amp remote, memory)

Also, the empeg has 4v outputs, front and rear. I have the hi-fi package in the Boxster but no rear speakers, so will use front outputs as input to the CDR-220. Do we know if the Becker unit will accept 4v inputs, or is there a good way of taking them down to 1v?

btw, the Empeg is amazing, everything I'd hoped for and more, especially the user interface on the device. Emplode, the management software, is not so good, especially speed of sync including long pauses, lack of the ability to easily sync with a directory structure after creation on the empeg, and misreading old ID3 tags that required re-cleaning all my MP3s (all other MP3 software I have saw only the new correct tags).