I've got the MS Hornet helicopter. Great little model and flyer, and it uses a transmissioned tail rotar (as opposed to the seperate tail motor on some models). This gives it characteristics closer to flying the "big" models.

I have a .30 Hawk II Nitro heli as well. The engine wasn't much trouble to break in, and it runs as sweet as honey each and every time. One quick pop of the starter and off I go!

Also, I have a GWS Tiger Moth slow-flyer electric plane. Quiet, slow, aerobatic (with my wing mod, email me if anyone wants details/pics).

The best part of electric flying is the ability to do it anywhere with no complaints from folks about noise, etc. My Nitro chopper can be flown at the local school-yard (sans kids, of course, it's a deadly bugger), the Hornet can be flown inside the house (just watch for backwash from furniture!), and the Tiger Moth can be flown in the street out front.

Great models all, and I HIGHLY recommend the Hornet if you're looking into Helis. I've damaged it twice and it's VERY durable and easy to repair. http://www.hornet-heli.com has good info, and I ordered mine from Hobby-Lobby. They know their stuff.

BTW, the RealFlight sim is a must have for practice. Even the electrics will run into the $400US range for everything, makes every crash a potentially depressing event.