Hi,
I just ordered a RioCar 60GB player for my truck. Although I have no idea whether or not I will get one (strange things keep happening with their online in/out stock status?), here's hoping.

The question I have concerns the exact requirements for an external car amplifier. I have a decent bit of experience over the years with installation, and am wondering:

1) Do I really need a 4 channel amplifier?

I have a 1987 GMC Caballero, with 4 speakers. Two are truck boxes, two are 3.5" dash speakers. Currently, power is coming from a Kenwood headunit. All speakers are good quality aftermarket products (MTX and Pioneer speakers), but this isn't a killer hi-fi setup.

I really don't want to have to purchase a huge, loud 4 channel amp if I don't have to. I would rather buy a good quality 2 channel amp like Rockford, Lightning Audio, etc amp from Best Buy/Circuit city type stores. I simply don't need the power.

Is it not possible to simply wire left/right channels from the amp in coordination with the outputs of the RioCar? I don't want to lose channel separation. I don't care one bit about fader controls from front/rear or even left to right for that matter.

Am I missing something? You can't really download a copy of the Riocar manual, so for those of you who have one and experience with car stereo installations, could you please answer this question?

Thanks in advance,

corey