It's okay, I _know_ you weren't criticizing it.

The Seek Tool made it into an alpha release before Christmas, and Rob wanted to do a beta release by which time I had already gone back to Somerset and would not be able to fix the bugs until my return after new year. In true festive spirit Rob decided to promote the alpha release to a beta release anyway.

My problem with your comment was not that it implied that you disliked the feature but that it implied that features are transient and users should not take them seriously until they have stabilized. This approach would mean that we would never get any feedback about features and functionality.

We may keep adding features, but that doesn't mean that the features are transient or fundamentally flawed. Remember we don't want to put off the hundreds of new users from using the latest beta releases, there have already been complaints from new users on this BBS about the stability of beta releases.

Anyway, thanks for the glowing praise which I was delighted to read whilst at home in Somerset over Christmas.

And sorry for the misunderstanding.

Toby.