Reading the reviews around on this dye-sub ... man it looks right up my alley. My only wish is that it had ethernet rather than usb or parallel, but I can probably get a converter for that.

How is the maintenance on this? I've used some professional dye-sub printers back in the day, but I never had the opportunity to baby-sit one long enough to get a feel for it's maintenance and up-keep. Are there inks or distilled water to refill?

Does it mind if it's unused for a couple of weeks before the next print?

Are the drivers buggy, cranky, cheezy, cheap, or are they well made and invisible? (I'll mostly be using Photoshop as the source).

How does it do for black and whites and faked-sepia photos?

My wife has been trying to get me back out photographing again, but now that I'm back in school I don't have access to the free slide development and dye-sub printing services my previous jobs had. I tell you, that Fuji Pictrography 4000 is out of site ... but I can't afford the $8000.

I'm hoping that this P400 would deliver me back to my old glory days of photography.

Would you be open to sending me a color and black/white print? I'd gladly use paypal for the paper and shipping.

Greg