I wanted to bring this back up to the top in case anyone manages to find it via a search looking for an installer in Dallas. After removing my Empeg from my Camaro when I traded it in, I discovered basically that Custom Stereo ripped me off. They didnt use the line converters as they had said they did, instead the just used a piece of RCA cable, stripped it and crimped it to my existing wiring harness. Very ghetto install. They charged me for the line converters, they charged me for a new wiring harness and they in fact used all my old stuff.

I had a touch of the flu when I had the installation done so I didnt take the time to go over it with the guy when I picked the car up but I notice a few days later that they hadn't secured the unit from behind like I had asked, etc. Overall they just did a very poor installation job once you got in there and saw exactly what was done. I probably would have looked at it closer had someone on the forums not recommended them and I not have been so feverish. I just wanted to get home and back in bed.

In trying to deal with the district manager for Custom Stereo, he has been totally unwilling to make any kinds of ammends and has gone as far as calling me a liar regarding the whole situation. At present I have turned the case over to the Better Business Bureau in hopes of getting some satisfaction but Im not holding my breath.

Custom Auto Sound in Bedford did my reinstall in my 2001 GT. Those guys were awesome and do great work. The Mustang install is everything I wish the Camaro install would have been. They took the time to go over my options, showed me how they were doing everything in the dash and dealt with every fickle concern I had along the way.

Jay