2.0 will have improved radio support; initial betas will not have RDS TP/TA (traffic announce) and RDS AF (auto-tuning to strongest transmitter), but we will have them in there for the full v2.0 release.

This has always been our intention - in fact, the tuner code does a lot of this already (it knows all the other AF frequencies for the current station, it just does not currently poll them and switch).

The mk2 tuner quality when tuned to the correct frequency for the area should be at least as good as a $200 radio - the tuner is a very high end module and I personally get very good, detailed sound from it. The lack of AF currently bugs me too!

TMC is a completely different thing, and will probably not be supported for a while - not least because there is limited TMC support in the UK and I believe some of it may be encrypted for subscription users only.

Note that if you have a mk1, v2.0 will still give you AF and TP, but the tuner itself is not ideal - it is very susceptible to noise, doesn't deal with multipath particularly brilliantly and has a long re-tune time, which means AF list polling will be noticable in the audio.

Hugo