I've recently been looking at both the Tivo and the Replay TV. One interesting things that I've found is that, with both units, it is possible to upgraded the hard disk drive from the stock 20 GB or so to dual 120 GB drives. Of course, this voids one's warranty

The units appear to be the equal in most respects, but the Tivo gets the nod most times because of its lower price. However, for two reasons, I suspect that the Replay TV might be better for my purposes:

1. You can hook it up via ethernet. Modem is a pain in the arse for me and, although it is possible to hook a Tivo up to ethernet, it would require skill with a soldering iron and a heck of a lot of time.

2. It lets you share shows. Granted, this is not very feasible over the internet, but it makes perfect sense over a house network.

I envision having the 20 people (in 14 rooms) in my house be able to watch different shows at the same time that were recorded via the replayTV. However, this brings up my two questions about the unit:

1. Can I send video to PC's or does it only work to other ReplayTV's?

2. Can I pull video off the ReplayTV remotely or do I have to go to the ReplayTV to send it?

I've read through the FAQ, but, insofar as I can tell, it does not discuss these question.

-Biscuits