Elsewhere on this BBS, one of the Empeg folks said that 10a was on its way soon. They said it would be the "big one", the one they announced on the mailing list. So I thought I would start a thread with the following premise:

- Assuming that they only have, say, a week to work on 10a, and
- Assuming that Beta 10 is mostly feature-complete (for now) and all they're looking for is tweaks and fixes...

What are the drop-dead tweaks and fixes that you think absolutely must go into 10a? I'm hoping that we can all trust each other to limit this discussion to absolute must-have can't-wait but easy-to-do-at-the-last-minute fixes only. Not new features or things that would take a lot of development time to fix.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with Beta 10. There are some pie-in-the-sky things I've wished for elsewhere, but I won't bring them up in this thread. In fact, I have only one wish for 10a and I'll use it to kick off this thread:

When you shuffle-play a parent playlist, the unit should remove duplicates (identical file ID's) from the list before shuffling it. For example, when I shuffle the whole unit (press the bottom button three times), it repeats too many tunes because they are in multiple playlists.

Okay, anyone else?

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144