I was out today, and the tuner was listening to BBC R4 in the background while I played MP3s. It switched to a TA broadcast on BBC Camb reasonably promptly (I know one sometimes misses the beginning of a TA due to broadcasters not flipping the switch soon enough, or the first TA signal not being received).

But at the end of the broadcast, it didn't switch back; I let it play radio for 5 or 10 minutes, then parked the car and put it to sleep. When I came back, the player cold-booted into Tuner mode, still listening to BBC Camb.

So something is going wrong - BBC stations are usually good at flipping the switch as soon as the TA has ended.

BTW, can I confirm that if TA mode is turned on, and I get in the car with the player in MP3 mode, and never switch to Tuner, I should get traffic announcements? I've not had one on the occasions I've done this, and I'd like to be told that it's just down to luck (I only drive 20 minutes each day on workdays, so it's very possible there weren't any TA broadcasts - though if the weather's good, I'll be doing 20 hours or so at the weekend, giving me more chance to test this)