I don't know how you'd code this up from an internal perspective, but I know how it would be useful to me if I were to use it.

From the end-user point of view, the purpose would be to re-assign functions to the various buttons. For example, if I wanted the SOURCE button on the stalk to, say, switch visuals instead of switching the input source, then I would want to be able to do so. (I don't know if the stalk already has a visual-switch button, I'm just giving an example.)

If, in order to do that, it would be necessary to allow stalk commands to get re-mapped to IR commands, then so be it.

One of the things I'm considering is that my friend Tod is about to get his Chrysler-to-Sony interface for his steering wheel buttons. When he gets it, I don't know whether the built-in functions from the device will do all of the things he wants them to do. If not, it would be nice for Hijack to allow him to make the changes.

Another thing would be to allow Hijack to let other resistor values (other than the Sony values) be mappable. I don't know if that's possible. It would be useful for people who choose to roll their own buttons with handmade resistor networks.