Has anyone here installed their empeg with a TUNER in an E34 BWM 5 Series (1989-1996) perferably one equipped with the full OBC (on board computer - not the digital Clock+Temperature module, or the analog face clock I see on some euro models)

My question is this: Is there enough room anywhere in the console close enough to the empeg unit for the tuner module to connect to it with the supplied cable, and if so where/exactly how did you install it? And if not, how much longer a cable was necessary to find the tuner module a mounting spot?

For those who wonder what I'm talking about, I was discussing the upcoming empeg installation on my 1995 M5 Touring with my longtime mechanic (who has previously done other custom stereo installations for other BMWs I've owned --- to excellent standards and results I must add), and basically it's just so very very tight in the cental console around the rear of the stereo due to the adjacent OBC moudule, dual-zone climate controls, wiring harnesses, and the heater core.

We're really not sure where to put the tuner module with the supplied length of cable. If we could get a longer connecting cable it would be no problem (we could move it towards the kick panel where there's plenty of room).