Hi there again folks!

I nearly have all the bits I need for my super-duper install now, I got the amp and sub delivered yesterday and am just waiting for the spare console moulding so I can build a dual-DIN hole in the dash of my Corrado. All this waiting however has given me time to cast my thoughts over the horrendous possibility of having my precious (and soon to be irreplacable) Empeg nabbed! What can I do to prevent this most heinous of crimes?

Obviously the answer is to always pull the unit out and take it with me wherever I go but we all know that carrying a car stereo around with you all the time is less than convenient. With this in mind, my ingenious plan was to buy one of those mini-safes you find in hardware stores and get it bolted to the chassis in the boot (or trunk for you Americans). I could then put the unit in it instead of carrying it with me thus making sure that I don't lose it/drop it in a puddle/get it stolen from me by a passing mugger. Sorted!

It was while researching this idea that one of my work colleagues pointed out that he had heard of safes designed expressly for this purpose but for the life of me I can't find any evidence of such a product on the net!

Does anyone have any clue where these can be found? or maybe you have a better security idea? Any input is welcome!