I always snipe at my maximum. So some of what you wrote is moot. Again, read my intial post for benefits of the software. I don't have the time/patience to individually track auctions. I rely on the fact that most people will NOT bid their maximum. Everyone is always trying to get something for as little money as possible. So they often will not bid their maximum, fearing someone will push it up. eBay is a little different than non-automated auction systems. A lot of people don't understand that either.

Auctions have high and low-traffic periods as well. When selling it pays to do your research to know when and where to list. When buying, nothing beats the last second snipe.

Hey, before automated sniping, I used to see if a competing bidder was online and then I'd see if they had bid on any other auctions. I'd purposefully bid on their other auctions to occupy them while I manually sniped the one I was interested in. This worked numerous times. This was strategy, nothing more, nothing personal.

And Tony, if eBay has extensions it would have been a long time ago. I don't remember that feature being around in 1998.

Bruno