I could not find a correct wiring diagram for my car ANYWHERE. All the ones I have seen are completely wrong (I have a 95 Avalon by the way). So I started testing the large connector that went to the factory stereo and checking for the 12V power lines with a small light bulb. I found a few lines that worked, but none of them seemed to be the constant power line because whenever I turned the key to off, the light would go out. I don't know what the hell is up with this connector, it's really weird because it's got 15 small pins, and it's totally different from all of the websites that have connector info.

Anyway after I found some power wires, I attempted to plug in the empeg tray wires just temporarily to see if I could get any power, and within a few seconds I see SMOKE coming from inside the dash, where I couldn't quite see. Now it seems like I fried some kind of damn power wire. Everything else works fine in the car, but when I plug the factory stereo back in, it will not turn on, but the nighttime lights come on when I turn on the headlights.

So since I can't even see where the damn smoke came from, I can't try to fix the problem. I guess my real question is can I get power, ground, and ignition wires from anywhere else? Those are the only 3 wires I am going to need. I can see the ignition thing right between the steering wheel and the stereo location, so maybe I can use power from there? What the hell do I do?

This was supposed to be a one day job