For those who have been on this BBS a long time, you probably know about the unmarked threads bug. It's plagued this BBS ever since its inception, and it seems to be a bug in the BBS software itself (i.e., our BBS isn't the only one that seems to have the problem).

The bug is as follows: Sometimes, after you are done reading a thread, it still appears marked as though it has new posts in it. Even though there are no new posts in that thread.

Furthermore, this "marked new" flag on the thread only counts when you are viewing the list of posts in a forum. It's not present when you are at the main BBS index. So, for instance, you might enter a forum which shows no new messages from the main screen, yet has threads marked as new once you're inside the forum (and I'm not talking about bad timing).

Also, this problem seems to come and go. A given person could experience the problem for a week and then it will go away, only to go bite another user.

I think I stumbled across a work-around for this bug. I'm not sure, so if anyone else is experiencing the bug and wants to test this for me, let me know.

The work around, I suspect, might be: Click on the "Logout" link at the top of the screen, then log back into the BBS again. When I do this, the bug seems to go away. Eventually, the bug comes back, but at least this seems to be a temporary cure for me.

Does anyone see the same behavior?