Let me guess, you live in the UK.

I live in the US (Los Angeles) and I had the same problem with slightly different resolution.

Called EMPEG US (or whatever) and arrainged to have the unit picked up. 5:00 and the package is still sitting on the desk at work so I call EMPEG again and I'm told that fed-ex tried to call me but the number was not valid and they did not want to come out without talking to me first. WHAT! Fed-ex comes to my office 3 times a day with an 18 wheeler. I think they know how to find me. And thanks for calling me to let me know there was a problem.

So I pay to ship it out to them bacause I am eager to get it back in time for a car shw that I am exhibiting at soon. Don't worry they tell me, we can get it back to you soon.

A week goes by and no player so I call them again. Ohh, we are waiting for parts, should be here soon.

Another week and I call again. Now he tells me that the player had to be sent back to the UK (this is a lie) and it should be soon. At this point I e-mail the UK and ask what the status of my player is because I think that they have it.

Finally they e-mail me back and tell me that my player is still in the US waiting for parts. At that point rob gives me the e-mail address for the US office who I e-mail and ask for the status of the player. A day later it shows up. 2 days later I get an e-mail from the US office telling me that the player is fixed. thanks.

I'll give rob some credit, he did handle things very well.

-M

Empeg #249. In use for 5 days, in the shop for 3 weeks.
Empeg #249.