Yes, the most recent time this happened to me, it went like this:

I started up the car, Empeg booted, continued playing current track. Of course, I was showing the unit to my passengers for the first time. B)

Visualizations were running at a choppy framerate, music was seriously skipping. Kind of weirded me out, so I powered down the unit and removed it. We went in to eat, came out, started the car, powered up the unit, and everything was working normal again.

On another subject, I thought I'd post an update on the (unrelated) "Slo-mo" bug I posted earlier. On suggestion from Empeg, I narrowed down and discovered that the bug only occurred on specific tracks, and always occurred on those tracks. I previously reported that it would take a couple of minutes to start the track, but what was actually happening is that it was futzing with that track for a couple of minutes, until it would apparently "give up" and skip on to the next track. A couple of the tracks would actually force a reboot of the Empeg. Anyway, I believe that the affected tracks were all part of the same sync batch for a sync that I did under version 8B of the software. So I will write off that problem to "buggy sync process that corrupted my files" and assume that it has been fixed by now. As soon as I get a chance, I will upload fresh copies of the tracks to my Empeg.

Corby
SN#320, 6-Gig Blue