Not that this is a standard, but it is a reference point...on my Sony TC-K444 ES II cassette recorder the meters are labeled Peak Program Meter and marked off as:
- infinity
- 40 dB
- 30 dB
- 20 dB
- 10 dB
- 4 dB (and on a different scale labeled as OVU )
There is a double D Dolby symbol at ~ -3dB
0 dB (this is where the meter goes red)
+ 2 dB
+ 4 dB
+ 6 dB
+ 8 dB

Digging further, from the 3rd edition of Modern Recording Techniques pg245, reads:
In reply to:

A peak meter reads higher at point A than at point B, even though the loudness level is the same (A being a sharp transient, vs B a more sinusoidal wave.)

A VU meter reads the rms level and ignores peaks that do not contribute to loudness.

Volume units indicated on the meter are equal to dB for sine waves, but for other waves or complex signals, the VU meter actually reads between the rms and peak values of the signal. For these waves, volume units are larger than dB.

There now that clears things up...(ack!) Since sine waves are pretty boring to listen too after a while, I guess we'll have to consign ourselves to seeing something close. Regardless, it looks to me like Anna VU is actually a peak meter but it really doesn't matter much as we enjoy the visual either way. Also, zero VU is considered the standard operating level.

That relates to my one complaint with the "improved" version of this visual in the v2 release--we have seemed to have lost the slight lag that real VU meters have (momentum of getting/keeping the needle in motion) but have gotten a much more responsive display.

Brad's picture shows what are probably the "more standard" VU ratings: -20, -10, -7, -5, -3, -1, 0, +1, +2, +3 w/0 and up in red. I would suggest we use -20, -10, -5, -3, 0, +3.