Jim,

Your setup should be a walk in the park compared to mine. I think some of the problem is that the Ethernet Converter seems to be circa 1999. The software in the box makes no mention of Windows2000, so I was reluctant to load it on my XP machine. Thankfully, I was able to download newer software.

Another slight issue is that the box says IEEE 802.11 (not 802.11b). I would assume this is dependant on the card you use. However, the manual in the box makes mention of the Bronze and Silver Orinoco cards (not gold which is what I'm using). I never heard of the Bronze, but I know the Silver is 802.11b with 64-bit WEP. The Bronze looks like it's an 802.11b card without any encryption. So, it's weird that the box says one standard and the manual is saying another. I am pretty sure this was initially built for 802.11. I guess they didn't feel like changing the box?

I am pretty sure that if the Ethernet Converter had recent firmware on it, things would be much easier. A little documentation wouldn't hurt either. I should have taken sreen shots of the configuration program. It's unreal how some of the paramiters are labeled. For example... on a client config program you might see somthing that allows you to select the speed (usually Auto, 11Mbps, 5Mbps, 2Mbps, etc...). In this thing it uses words such as Slow, Standard, Excelerated and Turbo. WTF do those mean? I will attempt to find out more info about this thing. Mardibloke, a (former) BBS regular has two of these. One for his Empeg and one for Rio Receiver. Unfortunately I haven't seen him around in a while and I'm not the type of person to send someone email asking for help.

Anyway... The Ethernet Converter is working. If this thing stays working in a reliable manner, it is awesome. The ability to add wireless functionality to anything with an ethernet port is very appealing. I just wish they were cheaper. By the way, I bought it and the Gold card from Provantage. They were the cheapest I could find at $187.61 and they got it here quick. Thanks again guys.