Does anybody see a pattern here? It sure looks like most user have not experienced the problem; but those who have experienced the problem have experienced it multiple times.

This would certainly suggest a hardware problem, not software. (If it were software, then everybody would have had the problem) I think Rob Schofield might be on to something when he suggests that there may be internal problems with the switches themselves -- either some of the switches could be defective, or the installation process may have damaged some of them.

When some empegs experience the problem over and over; and most other empegs can't be induced to produce the problem at all, then there has to be some difference in the empegs themselves. Since the software is exactly the same, I guess that leaves only two other possible variables: (1) the hardware; and (2) its physical operation.

It's highly unlikely that all of the people experiencing the problem are doing something unusual when they press their buttons. After all, the number of different ways you can push in and release a button are pretty limited, and empeg people have been pursuing this avenue pretty well in any case.

So what's left?

I think it might be very advantageous for empeg to choose a person who has had frequent runaways, and trade him straight across a new Mark II (when they become available) in return for his immediate return to empeg of his malfunctioning Mark I. This person would be without his empeg for a few months, but getting a Mark II upgrade at no charge might be compensation enough. And empeg would be in a position to finally replicate in house a very vexing and potentially dangerous problem.

Any volunteers?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"