I have heard from 9 people who are interested in my two empeg/RioCar units. In alphabetical order they are:

0 Jeremy
1 justinlarsen
2 loren
3 mail2mm
4 matthew_k
5 oktane
6 rearviewmirror
7 Thiemo
8 thrasher

If I dropped your name somehow let me know ASAP. Here is how the random drawing will work: the web site finance.yahoo.com lists the DJIA and the NASDAQ on the left edge. After the markets close today (Monday the 18th) I'll take the DJIA final for the day, drop the fractional part and calculate the remainder after dividing by 9 (mod 9). The resulting number between 0-8 says who gets first choice or the two units. I'll use the same calculation using the NASDAQ for the second choice.

Most people have said that they want the 20 gig unit. But if the second winner is the same as the first or doesn't want the remaining unit (most likely the 30 gig unit) then I'll offer it to the next person on the list (wrapping around from the bottom to the top if I have to).

For example here is how the two indices closed on Friday and the EXAMPLE winners:

10607.23 -> 10607 mod 9 = 5 (oktane)
1868.30 -> 1868 mod 9 = 5 (oktane again so we move to rearviewmirror)

All this foolishness is to keep the choosing random and transparent because people get weird on the 'net. If you see any holes in my plan let me know. If you win try and contact me before noon (PST) on Wednesday or I will offer the unit to the next non-winner on the list. If possible I would like to have the units in the hands of the winners before Friday morning when I fly back to Utah (except for Jeremy who lives in Utah).

Craig Payne
[email protected]
650-480-2696 Work