I haven't read this whole thread - not enough time.
So I'm sorry if my question was already answered anywhere here but I wondered how you get your Title (I got Stranger, others get Newbie...) Is this depending on the amount of posts you made? (Same with the icon - some have one, I don't have one...)

Could anybody answer that?

Generally I'm a little concerned.. I don't want to bore "old" BBS-users. Its not a long time ago since I made my first post here. I'm reading the BBS every day since about 1/2 a year now and I've learned many theoretical things about the empeg.
I do not own one although I've a very low reg#. About 1 year ago when I was invited to place my order I didn't have some money to buy an empeg player.
But now I've saved enough money that I'm going to spend on the Mk 2 and after all that I could read about the Mk II and also the 1st revision I really want to have a unit as I don't want to have something else.

I was already collecting and ripping mp3's for about 2 years. With the help of the BBS I think I'm pretty well prepared for the arrival of my unit. I've named the ID3 tags and my whole collection is ready to be downloaded.

My intentions are to help other empeg owners as good as I can - like e.g. Tony or dionysos do.
The only thing I hope for now (like thousands of others do) is the shipping of the Mk 2.

TeeMcBee