Hey would anyone care if I dropped the seconds from the alarm setting? I can't see any good reason why you'd need that much precision for an alarm clock. I'll leave the seconds display for the clock portion, but I don't think it should need to be specified. Comments?

Also, anyone think a "sleep" feature would be cool? Like here's what I was planning on:

1. It's late and you want to go to bed with some music. You queue up whatever playlist you want (yourself) and set a sleep timer (30 minutes, whatever.)
2. EmpWake puts your Empeg into standby when that time has elapsed.
3. If you've got an alarm set, it wakes you up with your alarm FID, or optionally just plays whatever song it was playing when it went into standby.

I was also planning on adding the ability to set the alarm volume so that you can go to bed with a nice soft volume and have it crank up for your alarm. Sound good?

No promises on when this stuff happens but these seem like useful ideas to me.

By the way, anyone made any progress on a nice InstallShield type thing for the Empeg? With the FTP server in Hijack this would seem really easy now... It's a pity that we're all writing these cool apps and the users who don't know their way around Linux are out of luck...