I just installed my Empeg a week ago, and i't great so far. Everything I dreamed about .. even before installation, I was noticing some static on the rear left channel (4 channel Kicker ZX460 amp, 4 boston acoustics 6 1/2s on 2 channels, 2 JL subs on the other) the static comes and goes, and is only noticable during ambient parts of the music (so i guess if i listened to death metal i wouldn't be able to notice). Thinking i'd get crafty, I swapped the RCAs from front to back hoping it was just that one channel, but I can tell now that it's both left channels. I've been so damn busy i haven't had a chance to get in the car and swap right/left to see if it persists, but I figured I'd ask if it's possible for wiring to cause the static, because it's really bothering me. I hope it's the wiring that's a cheaper replacement.
The amp's supposed to have a 3 year warranty, but if i'm not mistaken, it's been right around 3 years since I purchased it. *sigh* I wonder if Stillwater will repair it... if so, I don't really feel like replacing it considering the stereo in my car is about to surpass the blue book of the vehicle itself. (ghetto fabulous! :P)

oh, and the EQ has breathed new life into the sound. I love it.