In reply to:

Well, the first issue is how much money you want to spend, but starting by the fact you're going to spend more than one thousand dollars on a car stereo,I assume that you're eager to spend some serious money on amps too.

In my case, I'm not really eagar to spend over a thousand dollars for the head unit. It's just that any other head unit is unacceptable to me.

On the other hand, I'm running a really tight budget. It's difficult just trying to make it all fit.

For me, I'm not an audiophile of any sort. In fact, I know almost dick all about car stereos. I spent the last month doing some research on all of this stuff just so that I didn't have to feel that my head was in the clouds.

My plan is to do this in steps over the next 2 years. In July/August of this year, I will be able to afford the empeg (hopefully when my name comes up on the list). That is all I'll be able to afford at that time. Then, around Christmas time, I'll be able to afford the amp and the installation (ooooh, nice Christmas present). I've been looking at getting the Alpine V12 MRV-F357. It's not an exceptionally "powerful" amp, but I think it was designed to be an "all-around-amp" with an extra channel for driving a sub-woofer. This is an expensive enough amp for me, and I doubt I will ever be seeking any audio better than what the Alpine amp will provide (in fact, I may just go with the F307 which does not have the sub-woofer channel, cuz it's almost $100 cheaper). By fall of next year, I'll probably do a complete car speaker upgrade of some sorts and then I'll be done.

So, it's not an exactly and economic walk in the park for me. But I'll stop at nothing to get an empeg!

Kureg