Did you check all the RCA cables running between the dash and the amp like we discussed?

The amp did seem to have problems, so I wouldn't discount that. You might also have a simple wiring problem somewhere. As I recall, you didn't have a lot of information about the way it was wired once the wires disappeared under the upholstery, so it might just be time to re-do the wiring to make sure it's been done right.

For those who are just dialing in, Christian's DeLorean had a previous stereo system which included an amp and a remote-control equalizer. Something was funny with the amp's wiring from the get-go, as the audio didn't balance L/R properly. We checked enough to determine that the balance problem didn't seem to be the empeg, and it wasn't at the equalizer. It was somewhere either in the RCA cabling running to the amp or it was in the speaker wiring of the amp. I didn't have time to concentrate on amp troubleshooting, we just concentrated on getting the empeg installed while I was there.