I just bought (Finally!) a 120GB drive to back up all my mp3s. I've also been re-ripping most of my music lately, so I have a lot of it on some other machines, but I will still need to pull some 40gb from my empeg. I have heard ... hints and rumors that the next emplode will have some advanced download features. I also know that Jemplode has a download feature, but I havn't heard of anyone's accounts of how it works.

I have very few "Special Playlists" (such as moods, etc), rather, I have 2 main playlists: "Artists" and "Genres". I also have less significant playlists like "Soundtracks" and "Seasonal". Any artist that has 3 or more tracks on my player gets its own "folder" under "Artists". All of the other "one hit wonders" etc get dumped into a Genre folder (I only classify into about 8 genres). I'm not sure exactly why I decided to tell you how my mp3's are organized except to say that I don't really care if some get duped on my machine (windows shortcuts would be the best).

Once I get all of this organized on my PC, I will look into some sort of networked player like a Rio Reciever etc.

So... what options are out there? Should I wait? It updating of the id3 tags based on empeg database on the horizon?